Visit the Monumento Mitad del Mundo, the perfect place to learn about Ecuador’s history and culture!
The Monumento Mitad del Mundo is a must-see for travelers visiting Ecuador. This monument, located in the Midle of the World tourist complex, offers a wide range of exhibits that explore Ecuador’s history, culture, and biodiversity.
At the monument, visitors can learn about the arrival of the French Geodesic Mission to Ecuador, which was responsible for measuring the arc of meridian that crosses the country. They can also discover the rich culture of the diverse indigenous peoples who inhabit Ecuador, as well as the biodiversity of the Amazon region.
The monument has a series of permanent and temporary exhibits that are constantly being updated. Some of the most popular exhibits include:
- “The French Geodesic Mission in Ecuador”, an exhibit that tells the story of the French mission that measured the arc of meridian that crosses the country.
- “Ecuador: Diversity and Riches”, an exhibit that explores Ecuador’s cultural and natural wealth.
- “The Amazon: A World to Discover”, an exhibit that presents the biodiversity of the Amazon region.
The Monumento Mitad del Mundo is a perfect place to learn about Ecuador and its fascinating history, culture, and biodiversity. It is a must-see for any traveler who wants to learn more about this South American country.
If you are staying at Hostal Galapagos Natural Life, and you want to discover what this beautiful monument has for you, you have several ways to get to this spectacular tourist destination:
- Bus: 1 hour and 30 minutes, you can also discover many more attractions such as Equinocial Park or Unasur building.
- Car: 45 min, ‘you have the possibility to leave your car parked near the church.
- Cab: 45 min, the price may vary according to several factors.